Monday, January 30, 2012

Tooling Around #3



"Race continues to be a volatile and divisive subject."  60 minutes interview

Well, the directions on embedding You Tube were actually for embedding a gadget, not into a post, but I poked around, saw the Edit HTML button and here we go...My juniors recently wrote to the censorship issues raised by a new version of Huckleberry Finn where the N word is replaced by "slave."  You tube remains my favorite.  I'd love to have Netflix streaming, but the district doesn't have the band width.  I teach a Film Studies class, so that's a real shame....

Ironically, the SOPA piracy issues got my students' attention, so I'm copying and pasting this here:



Which reminds me, I need to comment on my understanding of the legal ramifications of using this material on my blog.  If I were using this in class for educational purposes, then it would be legal.  If I'm your student, then I suppose it's legal for us to use it here.  It is quite liberating to know that as long as it's meant for my students' consumption and education, I'm good to go.

As for Dropbox, I'm not confident about commenting on that.  Recently a professional development presenter sent us her handouts through dropbox, but right now I just link my handouts to my school website, so I don't see that happening now.  Perhaps when the students do image oriented projects as they are now - animoto and Prezi - they could create a drop box to share their group contributions.  I'll have to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment