Monday, January 9, 2012

Tooling Around #1

I already have a blog for my classes that I prefer as well as a personal blog , so  frankly I don't have my heart in this and was quickly discouraged when the template I first picked didn't show easily where to add gadgets (I use wordpress.com).  I gave up quickly, picked another template where the Add Gadget bar was obvious, and then went to work on my Avatar.  Quite frankly, I find Voki irritating and the images disturb me - I'd rather just be me, but I ended up liking the one I put together more than I thought I would.  If it were up to me, I wouldn't use one.  I have't figured out how to see everybody elses's blog, so I want to work on that.

6 comments:

  1. Me, too. Don't even get me started about my first and only dip into Second Life. I still have nightmares that I'm being stalked. Thank you for your candor and I know this will be a breeze for you. I wish your Voki would stop looking at me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH - and you see everyone else's blog by going to the 11 Tools page (Library Resources Page, click on 11 Tools) and then click on Memorial High School on the right side bar. You'll see everyone's blog (those that have registered thus far). Your Voki is still looking at me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww...Patti, loving your Blog title, name, whatever the ling is in Bloggieland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you ended up liking your Voki more than you thought. We encourage the use of avatars when working with students since we don't encourage students to post their images publicly on the web. I agree with you that I prefer to post my image on my own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only do I have my own blog, but I also use Edmodo regularly. I use it more than the school website, which I find to be a bit cumbersome. Edmodo is definitely more fun, and the kids seem to like it, too.

    ReplyDelete